Effective Date: July 28, 2020
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Attn: Legal Department
379 W Broadway, Unit 411
New York, NY 10012
- “Contact Information” means (i) your name, (ii) your physical address, (iii) your email address and (iv) your telephone number.
- “Effective Date” means the date set forth at the beginning of this document.
- “Proper Wild Affiliates” means any parent, subsidiary, member, officer, director, employee, or agent of Proper Wild or any company under common control with Proper Wild.
- “Financial Account Information” means your credit card number, credit card expiration date and credit card verification code, all with respect to one or more credit cards that you have the lawful right to use, and your bank account number, bank account title, bank bank name, branch location and routing number, all with respect to one or more accounts that you have the lawful right to access.
- “Optional Information” means all information you voluntarily provide to us that is not Contact Information, Financial Account Information, Transaction Information, or User Account Information. Examples would include your personal health and drink preferences and contact information for your friends or other third parties. You will not be required to provide Optional Information in order to conduct transactions through the Website.
- “Transaction Information” means all information related to transactions that you conduct via the Website, including recipient phone numbers.
- “User Account” means an account permitting access to the Website, with which is associated a user name and password
- “User Account Information” means information that identifies you to Proper Wild’s Website, including your user name, password, internet protocol address, and MAC address
- “User Terms” means Proper Wild’s User Agreement.
- “Website” means the website at www.properwild.com.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Proper Wild collects the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information
- Financial Account Information
- Transaction Information
- User Account Information
- Optional Information
Mechanisms for Collection of Personal Information
Proper Wild collects Personal Information (i) upon a User’s creation of a User Account, (ii) upon logging into the Website, (iii) upon interaction on the Website, and (iv) when you communicate with Proper Wild.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
Proper Wild uses Personal Information for lawful purposes including:
- Operate and improve the Website;
- Target offers to consumers;
- Administer the Website’s facilities for communications among and between users and the public in general;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate with users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions;
- Facilitate marketing, advertising, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- Administer the Website, user accounts and transactions with respect to user accounts; and
- Administer and carry out our obligations under contracts and to comply with the law.
To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of having your web browsing information used for interest based advertising by companies that participate in the Network Advertising (“NAI:) or Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), visit the websites operated by the NAI [http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices] and the DAA [http://www.aboutads.info/choices/].
Note, however, that not all service providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from us and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you. If you delete or block cookies, buy or use a different device, access the Site from a different device, login under a different name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. At this time we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Information but may disclose it to:
- Proper Wild Affiliates, which may use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 5.
- Service providers which act for us or provide services for us, such as for marketing or for the processing of payments, and as to such service providers their use of Personal Information is subject to our agreements with them and any applicable laws.
- Vendors in connection with the investigation of possible fraud, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Proper Wild or the vendor;
- One or more data co-ops, in anonymous and aggregated form
- Any person or government agency in response to a subpoena;
- To a government agency in response to an investigation, regardless of whether or not a subpoena has been issued;
- Any person to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud;
- Proper Wild’s employees and outside professionals (such as lawyers and accountants) for the purpose of auditing, compliance, and corporate governance.
Cookies and Related Technologies
You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website. You should refer to the help sections of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies. Proper Wild also uses analytic tools such as Google Analytics to analyze anonymized information.
Proper Wild reserves the right to contact you relating to your account, and to the Proper Wild Service, including promotions and offers from third parties. The methods of contact employed by Proper Wild may include email, SMS and other forms of text messaging, telephone, and postal mail. You hereby agree to receive such contacts.
No Responsibility for Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Interactions With Others
The Website may contain areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review goods, services, or vendors, and submit media content. Such use is subject to our User Terms, and may be viewed by the public at large. Any information, including Personal Information, that you post there will be public, and therefore anyone who accesses such postings will have the ability to read, collect and further disseminate such information.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You may correct or update certain of your Personal Information via your “My Account” screens on the Website.
You may close an account, but Proper Wild will nevertheless retain your Personal Information so as to protect the business interests of Proper Wild, Proper Wild Affiliates, vendors and other users. Those interests include the completion of transactions, maintaining records for financial reporting purposes, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing agreements.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Proper Wild is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to Proper Wild Affiliates, business partners, vendors, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you hereby consent to this transfer.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Proper Wild pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to email@example.com, or by writing us at the following address:
Attn: Legal Department
379 W Broadway, Unit 411
New York, NY 10012